San Diego's Real Estate Marketplace

Buy or Sell 619-728-5640

Forums

Please Note: The Forums are undergoing additional development.   Please provide detailed feedback and moderator Alerts using the Forum feedback page

9735 Del Dios Hwy
Last Post 01 Jan 1900 12:00 AM by Anonymous. 24 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Bluforest
--
26 Dec 2008 07:23 AM
Congratulations, Eugene! It's a great house and you're getting it at a fantastic price. Hope you don't run into too many fix-it issues. Your kids will have a fairy-tale setting to grow up in. If we were younger we would have persued it because it has so much more character and charm than what we bought, but husband was in the-newer-the-better frame of mind as far as maintenance. You will have your hands full with pruning and sprinklers and such, but well worth it. It really is a friendly part of town as well. Back in 2003 we bought a 3,900+ sq ft house in Carmel Valley thinking maybe the weather and nearby beach and restaurants would make a move there worth it. But the people all around were so rushed all the time, so stressed out and aggressive and materialistic we headed back to Escondido. We love our new neighbors now. So good luck on your purchase, it's a beautiful place and if you ever want any bromeliads for shady spots let me know and I'll drop some by.
Eugene
--
27 Dec 2008 11:57 AM
I'm glad you like your new place. And it's good to know that you like it more than Carmel Valley. Not that 3900 houses in Carmel Valley are (or ever were) in my price range, but still :)

We had the inspection done on Wednesday, and I'm already getting the feeling that the house will keep me busy for a while. Mostly cosmetic stuff but it adds up. Non-GFCI outlets in the kitchen and in the yard. The fridge stinks as if someone died in there. The microwave/oven combo was manufactured in 1987. Master bedroom door is cracked. Mysterious pipe attached to the drain valve of the water heater, connected to a melted pump. The house is 4/3.0 according to tax rolls, but there are really 4 full bathrooms, and we couldn't figure out which one is "extra". We aren't even completely sure if it's on sewer or septic. It should be on septic because it's unincorporated county, but we had no luck actually finding the tank!

On the other hand, everything is coming back nicely after these winter storms. Even the plants that I wrote off for dead are starting to sprout tiny green leaves. We will have to watch things for a few months before we decide what to keep and what to cut down.

I'd really like to see what the place looked like before the current owner...
Bluforest
--
28 Dec 2008 01:16 PM
Doesn't sound too bad. Try walking out into the street in front of the house and if you see manholes it usually means there is sewer. No manholes, no sewer. If you're on septic we've used Sonrise(Sunrise?) Pumping for decades and they're pretty good at finding it. Found our new one. Maybe after you close the agent can put you in touch with the former owner to get the info you need. Then they don't need to be afraid she'll tell you something they prefer you not know. Don't know if you're on a water pump, but the place we bought is because the city water's pressure is so low up on the hill. But it should, if you have one, be outside where the water comes in. We had to get ours fixed and apparently they are high-maintenence, so hope you don't need one. And plants are amazing, they have a will to live. Bet the place will be just gorgeous by spring!
Eugene
--
19 Jan 2009 12:33 AM
If you drive by and hear the sound of a chainsaw - that's me. Took two truckfuls of dead branches to the landfill already, more to come.
jpinpb
--
16 Jul 2011 09:11 AM
List Price: $209,900
View Full Listing: MLS-110005949
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

xx

Active Topics