San Diego's Real Estate Marketplace

Buy or Sell 619-728-5640

Forums

Please Note: The Forums are undergoing additional development.   Please provide detailed feedback and moderator Alerts using the Forum feedback page

What happened to the links?
Last Post 02 Feb 2014 08:56 AM by OB-Mom. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
dsf
--
22 Jul 2013 05:13 PM
    There used to be a place to discuss each listing, did that just disappear?
    creatíve_cpa
    --
    23 Jul 2013 09:28 AM

Posted By David on 22 Jul 2013 05:13 PM

Hah! I broke into SDL's server and erased all my embarrassing postings. Well, not all of them, but several hundred!
    Jack**
    --
    23 Jul 2013 08:18 PM
    The entire digital world is pandering to iphonian display format.
    BullBu|l
    --
    25 Jul 2013 12:06 AM

Posted By BullBull on 23 Jul 2013 09:28 AM

Posted By David on 22 Jul 2013 05:13 PM

Hah! I broke into SDL's server and erased all my embarrassing postings. Well, not all of them, but several hundred! Say, did I every tell you guys about the house I bought for $1 million in 2009 with an ocean view? After 4 years ,I think the value is back up to what I paid for it. Ain't I a financial genious?

Caligal
    --
    04 Aug 2013 01:12 PM
    If you're not keeping track, now there is no way to follow a thread on a home. Interesting.... Might have to hire a realtor to find out the history. Not sure if the realtors are apt to explain the downsides as much as the upsides of the market.
    cosmo96
    --
    07 Aug 2013 05:47 AM
    The thread on the homes were the reason why this site was so interesting. Guess the MLS peeplz did not like what was being said
    Just Someone
    --
    16 Aug 2013 11:25 AM
    that was a quick way to kill the site...

But is looks pretty
    realityczech
    --
    19 Aug 2013 12:35 AM
    Bad news isn't popular among real estate "professionals" so I suspect too much info is a bad thing. It's a rigged game, kinda like Wall Street. I see a lot of RE sites trying to cover up pricing history, for example. Other info is slowing disappearing as well. After the property debacle we just went through trying to convince a prospective buyer, who has half a brain, that the same property you looked at 8-10 months ago is 40-50% more expensive now with no material changes in said property, other than time went by, is a hard sell. Costco still sells hot dogs for $1.50. But if that price were up to the permabulls/trolls on this site, that same hot dog would be half eaten, Coke watered down and they'd be asking $10 and try and explain that it's a good deal and might be $12 by Thanksgiving.
    Caligal
    --
    21 Aug 2013 03:11 PM
    No more opinions allowed. Good or Bad. If anyone finds another website that is comprehensive AND allows editorials. Let us know.:
    dsf
    --
    22 Aug 2013 01:58 PM
    I may have to build one.
    twocents
    --
    28 Aug 2013 07:52 PM
    yeah, pretty BS. haven't been here in a while b/c i bought a place back in May. I remember a lot of these listings are repeats at substantially higher prices but no way to verify since my and everyone else's tags are gone. and i hate the new look. redfin here i come!
    OB-Mom
    --
    02 Feb 2014 08:56 AM
    I don't know if this applies to the San Diego MLS, but here in AZ, when realtors put a listing on the MLS, they can check a box that says, "Seller Directs Listing to Not Allow Comments on Internet," so that no matter which site pulls up the listing, there's no place to comment. Even though I work as a licensed assistant to a realtor, I think the comments should be allowed, even the negative ones, because we have sellers who feel that because they're on a cul-de-sac, have a better view of the valley, or probably just because everyone should be thrilled to buy a home that they've owned, they're justified in listing their tired, outdated homes $50K above the same model that's been completely updated and freshened. Then they call the boss and whine and rant and rage and tell him that he's not doing his job! If the negative comments were available on a web site, he could send them the link and say, "Hey! Remember what I told you about your house being overpriced? Well, look at this. This is a potential buyer who said this." (He's much nicer than I am. I'd say, "You're an idiot. I'm canceling your listing. Good luck with your next realtor.")

And since I'd like to buy in San Diego as soon as I can, I was happy to hear from knowledgeable people here at Lookup. I know there was one home I was drooling over in Pacific Beach until a couple of the people mentioned that that street floods every year, and then it stinks the rest of the year because of sewer problems. Then there was another one elsewhere that someone knew had foundation problems, and another one in La Jolla that was in a big slide area. I do miss the comments. They were very helpful and usually pretty funny. Wish they'd come back.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

xx

Active Topics